[TechAssist] Re: Mozilla thunderbird ver1.0. How to back up lots of emails off the PC?]

  • From: Tel-Tek <teltek3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 19:31:29 -0400

Ken;
I gave that some thought, but being Google..I wasn't too concerned. Google
Privacy Policy is probably better than Microsoft.
I don't believe anything stored on the "net" is beyond being hacked or
re-directed.

    I do believe that Google, at this time sets a higher standard for
Privacy...Spam...and Virus. So far so good.

    It's always a concern to me when I leave private information on anyone's
Hard Drive but my own.

It's a hard row to hoe...but some that use Hotmail (MS) ..Yahoo..and
AOL..for their email are on the chopping block.

Even my teltek3 is now being handled by MS Hotmail..but never shows as such.

Ken...you have the same concerns as I, for security, and every user of the
Internet..

Most of us don't have much to hide...I presume most of us are aware of
Scams..Spams..and were to leave your pertinent info...like..at home.

I like Gmail..for one reason...gives you 2.5 GIG of mailbox...no Junk
Mail..and if you think it may be Junk Mail...click it and Google will look
at it. That's more than Microsoft does. Almost need a paper trail with them.

I'm a Master Card holder...even their security has been breached...within
the last week.

Nothing is 100% safe as far as digital communication..but it does make me
wonder, who and why they spend so much time trying to breach it.

-Ed-
--
Tel-Tek Electronics
Ontario-Canada