[TechAssist] Re: Mozilla thunderbird ver1.0. How to back up lots of emails off the PC?]

  • From: Larry <schntv@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 14:55:17 -0400

Phil, just go deeper until you see a folder named mail, copy
the folder anywhere you want to save it, you also can save
your favorite list  also.
larry

Phil Bader wrote:
> I see profiles wher you said, and if I open it there are several more
> layers inside. If I had a USB hard drive,say, would you at this point
> just drag the "profiles" folder over to the storage media as-is to back
> it up off-computer?
> Phil
>
> Philip Bader
> Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
> 3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
> Fax (863) 299-8821
> email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>

> Larry wrote:
>

>>Hi phil
>>I use mozilla also.
>>the mail folder is hid pretty good.
>>first you must set your computer to see system and hidden files.
>>then look in c:\documents and
>>settings\administrator\application data\mozilla\profiles\ , it
>>is there a few layers down.
>>good luck
>>Larry
>>

>>Phil Bader wrote:
>>

>>>I use Mozilla Thunderbird for my email.It looks and feels like my old
>>>familiar netscape 4.7. It seems better than Outlook express as for
>>>sorting and searching high volumes of my tech emails archived in folders.
>>>I want to be able to drag and drop (copy) the email over to some medium
>>>off the PC like a USB hard drive, DVD,etc. Outlook Express scatters it's
>>>data all over. The old Netscape,I could go to programs, netscape, mail,
>>>users, folders and get the actual mail folders and slide them to a back
>>>up medium. If I wiped the PC HDD clean all I needed do was reload
>>>Netscape, go back to programs, mail, users,etc and reinsert all my
>>>folders back on the HDD and it was all there as before.
>>>I don't see an easy method here.
>>>Any answers to this?
>>>I am terrified I may lose this valuable info. I probably have  several
>>>gigs and more than several hundred thousand emails with a wealth of
>>>fix-info.
>>>Phil Bader

> Appliance Repair List: http://www.tech-assist.org/secure/tip/chatjoin.htm#app

Schneider TV & Electronic Inc.
5415 N. Wooster ave.
Dover, Ohio 44622       www.geocities.com/schntv2000/
330-343-0768         FCC. first class & Extra class K8WLY