[TechAssist] Re: Magnavox XS2552 C308 Chassis-25X608-00BB

  • From: George Johnson <geojohn49@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 11:10:33 -0800 (PST)

You need to replace R411 if you found H/O shorted. It
is a 100ohm/1/3 watt resistor. Pin 1 of IC410 is
ground, so check 131 volts on pin 2. This is reference
voltage to output on pin 4, which should be 130V. Pin
3 is input and should be 157 or so. If pin 2 is low,
you may have bad IC410. Q400 should probably be
replaced if you replaced the IC.

                geojohn
                Johnson TV
                 Weatherly, PA
                  (570)427-4637 Fax or Voice
--- Tel-Tek Electronics <teltek2@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Need Help;
>
> Set came in dead, found H/O shorted (Q502) and
> replaced.
> Replaced C431 (1uf/200volts) and C432
> (100uf/200volts) Resoldered R504 and R525.
> Have 157 volts on main filter, but have no idea
> where my standby voltage is. I have no circuit for
> this, and do not do many Magnavox in this area.
> Have found a point marked start up voltage, but may
> not have correct reference to ground. (reads less
> than 1.2 volts)
> Have no relay click, and set is Still, basically
> DEAD.
> Any Magnavox "hot shot" that can point me in the
> right direction would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks;
> -Ed-
>

> Please Change the address in your Address Book
>
> Default.
>
> teltek2@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Secondary........
> teltek35@xxxxxxxxxxx