[TechAssist] Magnavox Mod# PR3446-A106 (PTV515-AHO1) need help

  • From: "javiles6" <javiles6@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 00:40:14 -0700

Hello Techs
This set came in yesterday with sound but no picture. Found HVOT
shorted(D1556)(Q901) but before i install the new one (2SD1556) i check the
surrounding parts that connect to the transistor, D910, R961 and L903 and they
check good. I also resolder the T901 just to make sure i have no problem. Now
the set have High Voltage and the picture tubes filament are lighted but still
have no picture. I also check the voltage on the CRT ckt and is 225V on all
three CRT resistors. Now i don`t have an high voltage probe so i  don`t know if
the high voltage is reaching the picture tube anode. Does someone have any idea
or tips that can help me with. I`m free to any suggestion.

Thanks

Jose

Aviles Computer & TV Repairs
508 Bingaman st