[TechAssist] Re: Cleaning Coke from chassis ?

  • From: "Lyles Tv" <tech@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 09:30:30 -0600

I was doing fire damage cleaning for a company that repaired/cleaned fire
damaged homes and their contents.  I must have charged to much cause they
spent 15-20,000 bucks on something like a bathtub.  Apparently it uses a
combination of water and chemicals, and sonic? vibration?  I haven't had a
call from them yet to fix one that died after being baptized.  I would have
to assume that it's kills them on a regular basis.  I don't see how you
could completly submerge a tv, cabinent and all without having some damage.
According to them, they can put all most anything in it.  I would have
thought they just wanted to ditch me for some illegals that would do the
same work for half the price, (No way I could live in the same house as my
in-laws) But I actually got to see the unit.  It wasn't anything special to
look at.
Jeff Farnsworth
Lyles TV and Appliance
17 S Washington St