[TechAssist] Re: Cleaning Coke from chassis ?

  • From: Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 18:48:13 -0500

I was told by some techs on this list a few months ago that chassis
builders use a modified dish washer to wash the boards. They modify the
timer to dry the board out or something.
They said to just set the whole chassis in the dish washer except remove
large electrolytics first. Run through a wash cycle, then dry cycle,
then set the chassis in the sun for 4 days.
I never tried this, but I might have the emails saved which told me
about this. These techs were serious about this, they were not joking.

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics
7134 Fife Rd, RR 7
Guelph Ontario Canada N1H 6J4