[TechAssist] Re: Cleaning Coke from chassis ?

  • From: "David Lessard" <mrfixit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 18:03:01 -0500

Ed,

Yeah that's what I thought. One of the manufacturers I worked at washed
PCB's in a dishwasher like contraption. It monitored contamination in the
ppm, etc, however electrolytic caps were never installed until the very end.
There was a reason for that because of the forced water jets. I imagine if
one used a moderate amount of water (unlike the giant dishwasher) it would
be completely safe to do.

Didn't anyone ever tell you that water and electricity doesn't mix :-)

David Lessard
mrfixit@xxxxxxxxxxx