[TechAssist] Re: CTC169

  • From: "Leonard G. Caillouet" <lcaillo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 11:04:00 -0500

Clint, the question was more of a generic one with regard to all of the
nichicon high temp caps in the set and their probability of leakage.  The
caps that you list include other types which do not typically fail by
leaking electrolyte.

In these two sets I believe it was C4143 that caused most of the damage.
One of them also had a leaky C4503.  I have seen the latter fail along with
SCR501 but that was not the case this time.  It was just leaking electrolyte
and eating up the connections on the board.

Leon.

Leonard G. Caillouet
Service Manager
Electronics World