[TechAssist] Re: Aiwa ADV58u amplifier-tuner , no sound

  • From: becyn <becyn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 19:56:31 -0500

Are amps new to you?
IF you have voltages and no output, the thing is in protect mode which
kicks in if a dc voltage is dectected on the amp out node. Otherwise,
the speaker would burst into flames-(not good ;-)

No doubt one (or more)  of the amps have a dc offset caused by shorted
output transistor, drivers or problem with the differential amp. happy
hunting...

Jim McVey
McVey Alltronix
327 Broadway