[TechAssist] Re: Aiwa ADV58u amplifier-tuner , no sound

  • From: becyn <becyn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 19:30:58 -0500

the relay has nothing to do with the voltages seen  on the amp board. it
only disconnects/connects  the  the amp output to the speaker terminals.
( By the way you dont need any loads hooked up to start the process) DO
NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES  ENGAGE THE PROTECT RELAY IF LOADS ARE
ATTACTCHED!!!!! This will damgage the loads and do furher damage (ie;
smoke, flame) to the amp

I dont understand what you mean by "no voltage on the junctions". You
mean that literally? As in  no Vcc or Vee or just no offset at the
emitter swamping resistors? (low ohm ceramics)?
Perhaps it's as simple as open fuses in the power supply?
You need to be very precise in describing the voltages otherwise I can't
make head nor tails of it.
A normal fail mode is : 1) unit powers up, but no audio out
                                   2) all voltages present at amp and
everywhere else, but  a DC offset of 1volt or more can be measured at
the power amp's output  connection. (you must measure it at the pcb)
You might have something else, especially if you really don't see ANY
voltages at the amp, but you're gonna have to do some
troubleshooting...or send it to ME for repair!! ;-)
By the way, whats your company name and address?  I'm surprised that
Jeff didn't get on you about this!

Jim McVey
McVey Alltronix
327 Broadway