[TechAssist] Re: Aiwa ADV58u amplifier-tuner , no sound

  • From: larry <schntv@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 18:47:31 -0500

thank you for the advice.
I do mostly tv repair but fix a few audio, now and then.
most the time i can check the collectors and find a short or
see burnt resistors.
but this time none of the 5 output transistors have a short
and no burnt resistors.
i have no voltage on the junctions of the transistors, where
the outputs are connected.
but i doubt i would, because the relay never closes.
the power supply has normal voltage to the relay.
i am afraid to manually close the relay.
what is my next step?
Thank you,
Larry

becyn wrote:
> Are amps new to you?
> IF you have voltages and no output, the thing is in protect mode which
> kicks in if a dc voltage is dectected on the amp out node. Otherwise,
> the speaker would burst into flames-(not good ;-)
>
> No doubt one (or more)  of the amps have a dc offset caused by shorted
> output transistor, drivers or problem with the differential amp. happy
> hunting...
>
> Jim McVey
> McVey Alltronix
> 327 Broadway
> Newburgh N.Y. 12550
>
> Factory authorized
> service for over 20
> major brands.
> 845 561 8383
>
> larry wrote:
>

>>the readout lites, tunes stations, but no sound.
>>please , any clues where to start?
>>I have plus and minus 45 volts and also 23 volt + and -.
>>Larry

Schneider TV & Electronic Inc.
5415 N. Wooster ave.
Dover, Ohio 44622       www.geocities.com/schntv2000/
330-343-0768         FCC. first class & Extra class K8WLY