[TechAssist] Re: AV48WP30 caution Don't plug in with back off.

  • From: Wayne Vanaman <Wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 10:07:20 -0500

Hi Larry:
 From JVC Bulletin TT-04100701-T(R) 1/2 dated Feb 2005
---------insert----------
Symptom:
Non-functional Digital Input

Solution:
1. Power off the unit
2. Disconnect the digital input if it is connected
3. Remove the rear cover
4. On the digital input module, using a shorting pin (PC type) or a
jumper, short Pin 1 and Pin 2 of the
SB connector
5. Power on the unit
6. Unplug the unit and remove the shorting pin or the jumper
7. Re-attach the unit’s rear cover
8. Power on the unit, and input the digital source

-------end insert---------

Now I wouldn't deliberately zapp the DVI input, but I would be
interested in whether this actually works.

Wayne Vanaman
Omega Electronics
6904 W Fairfield Dr
Pensacola, Fl.  32506-3310