[tech-spec] Re: R editor

  • From: BBands <BBands@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'tech-spec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <tech-spec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 10:19:07 -0700

Henry Carstens wrote:

> BBEdit if using a Mac,
>
>       http://www.barebones.com/products/bbedit/index.shtml
>
> --h

I was hoping for a cross-platform solution. In my research I have noticed
that a couple of the potential solutions also provide Python editing
facilities and as Python is my modeling language of choice I am thinking of
heading in that direction.

Dirk suggests that I reconsider joining the church of emacs and I reply that
membership is effectively limited to full-time coders due to the complexity
of the program and the steepness of the learning curve.

Finally, CVS support would be another neat feature of the right package.

    --jab