[tech-spec] Re: R editor

  • From: Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tech-spec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 13:47:50 -0500

On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 02:34:11PM -0400, Steve Wisdom wrote:
> --
> > quasi-religeous
>
> Those from the Windows & Mac end who are unfamiliar with the popular
> *nix editors can visit their respective official sites :
>
> emacs www.viandpicosuck.com
> vi      www.picoandemacssuck.com

The most powerful vi-like editor is called vim, see www.vim.org. It has good
Windows ports.

> pico    www.emacsandvisuck.com

Pico is license encumbered. There is a free beer and free speech rewrite
called nano, see www.nano-editor.org

Dirk
Disclaimer: links provided by quick google searches, I don't follow those
editors myself.

--
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
                                                -- Groucho Marx