[TCUG] Re: Wacky Ideas ( Peds various)

  • From: mervyn.hallworth@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 11:42:56 +0100

What an interesting discussion!

It may be of interest to know that in Leeds we have done a comprehensive
review of all our mid block ped crossings, and have been able to reduce ped
delays by an average of 30%.  This work is described in an article coming
out in TEC July issue (I think).  More detailed analysis has not been done,
but there is a mass of data waiting for someone.....

A few other comments...
1. We will not use kerb side detection while there is a significant chance
that anyone could have a legitimate demand cancelled - we view that as
having serious safety implications.
2.  Pretimed maxes on roads over 30mph are ruled out in LTN 2/95
3.  We are working on using a new AVL system for bus priority at Ped
crossings, and tying this in with the ped delay reduction work already done

Gordon Robertson
UTMC
Leeds City Council
Phone 0113 24 76753

The information in this email (and any attachment) may be for the
intended recipient only. If you know you are not the intended recipient,
please do not use or disclose the information in any way and please
delete this email (and any attachment) from your system.

Service of legal documents is not accepted by email