[TCUG] Re: Wacky Ideas ( Peds various)

  • From: "Peter Jones" <peter.jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 12:12:02 +0100

Mervyn,

The AVL is a lot better, at least it's appropriate and I would go along
with that. Problem in Sefton is that we only have SVD which is not so
flexible. I tend to counter this by keeping its priority quite low at
peds.

With regards to over heads, yes, we have had problems of cancelled
demands and have place PD in those cases pending replacement units. I
understand that our normal supplier is replacing a number of units
during the next week and we will monitor those. Talking about something
that sounds like monitor, I am about to trial 8 'red' units to see how
they operate. I'm surprised that this technology still seems to have
problems in the 21st century.

Peter

Peter Jones
Project Leader - Traffic Control Systems
Phone: +44 (0) 151 934 4254
Fax:     +44 (0) 151 922 4514
Mobile: 07788 100 584
Peter.Jones (AT) technical.sefton.gov.uk
Sefton MBC - UTC
7th Floor
Balliol House
Balliol Road
Bootle
L20 3NJ

Please see our web pages on traffic control in Sefton:

http://www.sefton.gov.uk/content-2781