[TCUG] Re: Scoot Plan Preparation

  • From: "Boardman John" <John.Boardman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 08:44:22 +0100

Hi it's been a while but my understanding is that it works as follows

{B 0, AB 2}

At point 0 the above will allow a change to stage 2, at time point 2 it
will allow a change to either stage 1 or 2. this means that if the
controller is moving to stage 2 it will carry on moving and then run its
minimum green, if there is then no extensions for stage 2 it will go
back to stage 1, if there are no other changes after that.

From this if you want to look to see if there is a demand for C or D and
if not go back to A you would need something like

(CD 0,ACD 2)

This would give you a 2 second window to move to C or D. after this 2
second window it will lock you into either C or D if there was a demand
or allow it to return to A if it is demanded.

Hopefully this should sort you out, if not try Dave Carr, hopefully he's
not forgotten all he taught me :-)

Regards,

John Boardman

Senior Engineer