[TCUG] Re: Safety Camera Maintenance

  • From: "Grahame Bath" <grahame.bath@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 15:33:21 +0100

..........and some which have come direct , not via the freelist.

The similarities across the UK are interesting.
Why is it that we are limited to  very few contractors to maintain
equipment we as local authorities own?
Why is it that they appear to be able to charge what they like for this
work?
(we've had estimates which double those from other contractors we
supposedly cannot use)

I think it about time we introduce some competition.

To all those who have so far responded to my query - thank you.
These are all useful in our current negotiations and I will update you on
our successes (or not)

Regards

Grahame Bath
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Grahame Bath
Senior Engineer, Traffic Systems
Surrey County Council
020 8541 7346 (Tel)   020 8541 7366 (Fax)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                      "Peter Jones"

                      <peter.jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxx        To:
<tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      ton.gov.uk>                       cc:

                      Sent by:                          Subject:  [TCUG] Re:
Safety Camera Maintenance
                      tcug-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

                      26/10/2004 14:48

                      Please respond to tcug

Grahame,

You've started an interesting discussion here, Sefton are just going
down this road and your question has prompted some very useful replies!

Regards

Peter

Peter Jones
Project Leader - Traffic Control Systems
Phone: +44 (0) 151 934 4254
Fax:     +44 (0) 151 922 4514
Mobile: 07788 100 584
Peter.Jones (AT) technical.sefton.gov.uk
Sefton MBC - UTC
7th Floor
Balliol House
Balliol Road
Bootle
L20 3NJ

Please see our web pages on traffic control in Sefton:

http://www.sefton.gov.uk/content-2781

This email and any attachments with it are intended for the addressee only.
It may be confidential and may be the subject of legal and/or professional
privilege.
If you have received this email in error please notify the sender or
postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The content may be personal or contain personal opinions and cannot be taken as
an expression of the County Council's position.
Surrey County Council reserves the right to monitor all incoming and outgoing
mail.
Whilst every care has been taken to check this outgoing e-mail for viruses, it
is your responsibility to carry out any checks upon receipt.

Visit the Surrey County Council website - http://www.surreycc.gov.uk