[TCUG] Re: Red lamp monitoring

  • From: m.hopper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 09:16:24 +0100

One of the KPI's that the SW TCUG are trying to promote is 100 percent
remote monitoring. This achieved either via good reliable RMS systems or
UTC. The adoption of this standard should, if we have equipment that is
fit for purpose, and  we  have short response times to single red lamp
faults, hopefully never or at least rarely get to a position where two
reds are out and the pedestrians are inhibited. I know this is ideal world
stuff but we should I hope be aiming for this.
Having said that we are experiencing sites (Microsense Controllers) which
are inhibiting the pedestrians on a single red failure. This we are
investigating, is it me or is them.

Mick