[TCUG] Re: Red lamp monitoring

  • From: Jag Morar <jagmorar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 12:12:42 +0100

You may be interested to know that TR2210 says, under Signal group
green/absent red (section 9.4), that there is no requirement to check for
the absence of any conflicting red signal. This incident demonstrates that
perhaps we should have compliance checking - which is not necessary
according to TR2210 section 9.7.1.

However, it is surprising that the Software Correspondence check on Siemens
T400 controller did not pick this fault up - probably because they are doing
exactly that which the TR2210 allows them!

Another thing - was red lamp monitoring configured and active on site?

I agree with Mick Hopper, if the Remote Monitoring is provided and the RLM
fault is properly prioritised then we should be able to considerably reduce
the risk of the dangerous situations arising.

Jag Morar
Product Development
Transport for London - SM/NetworkTechnology
Tel. 020 7343 5354