[TCUG] Re: Red lamp monitoring

  • From: "Haig, Dave" <Dave.Haig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 16:10:02 +0100

The monitoring also inhibits the tactile cone, don't forget we are talking
about blind/partially sighted people - in this respect maybe ped inhibits
are a necessary evil?  We limit the intergreen extension to 2 seconds but
don't tell anyone if this isn't allowed!

As for not worrying about vehicle conflicts, I guess peds are generally a
little more vulnerable.

Regards

        Dave Haig
        Senior Engineer - Traffic
*       tel:  01302 734594
*       fax: 01302 735028
*       Doncaster Metropolitan Borough
        Council
        Neighbourhood Services
        Scarborough House
        25 Chequer Road
        Doncaster
        DN1 2DB
*       dave.haig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This message is private and confidential, please ensure it is treated as
such.  If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please notify
the sender as soon as possible.