[TCUG] Re: Pedestrian Crossing Zig-Zags & Decriminalisation of Parking Restrictions

  • From: Dick Andrews <RAndrews@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 16:36:02 +0100

DfT advise that it is not legal to have any other markings within the
controlled area of a pedestrian crossing. This is contained within the
pedestrian crossing regs of 1997 and as Paul says read them carefully
perhaps starting with pragraph 9 and the relevant paragraphs in schedules 1
- 3. You could make a traffic order and attempt to enforce it without the
double yellow lines in place as it is a lesser restriction, but I doubt your
solicitor would like it.

 Dick