[TCUG] Re: Part-time signals

  • From: mervyn.hallworth@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 11:49:34 +0000

Tony,
I can lay my hands on a copy (which surprises me - even though I wrote
it!). But it's not electronic, so let me have your postal address if you
want me to send it.

For the roundabouts sampled, there was quite good evidence that 'part
time' tends to result in more accidents:
 quote:  " ....for the Part-time roundabouts sampled, there was a small
decrease in accidents (8%) after signalisation, at the times when the
signals are ON. However, there was a substantial increase in accidents at
times when the signals are OFF (66%)."

Mervyn
Leeds 0113 2476750

"Tony Sharp" <Tony.Sharp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: tcug-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
18/01/2008 16:17
Please respond to
tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[TCUG] Re: Part-time signals

Collin Ridding @ 'MottMac' informs me that they are indeed locking at
this for HA (Rich Privett)
Mean time he did point me in direction of CSS report on signalised
roundabouts form '97
Anyone got a copy??

Tony=20