[TCUG] Re: Nearside Pedestrian Signals

  • From: Grahame Bath <grahame.bath@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 10:51:32 +0100

We also get continual complaints - not just about the aspects but that the
buttons do not work.
When we meet them on the street, we find them pressing the lights, the
hinges, in fact anything but the button.

It's new, I believe it will be better (eventually) but, as with
decimalisation and metrication, the change over is horrendous.

I'm very much in favour of press releases, and have tried some, but not in
favour of additional signs which are a distraction
and an obstruction for and of pedestrians waiting to cross.

Regards

Grahame.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Grahame Bath
Senior Engineer, Intelligent Transport Systems
Network Management & Information Centre
Surrey County Council Transportation Service
Directorate of Services for Communities
020 8541 7346 (Tel)   020 8541 7366 (Fax)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                      "Peter Jones"

                      <peter.jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxx        To:       "TCUG
(E-mail)" <tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      ton.gov.uk>                       cc:

                      Sent by:                          Subject:  [TCUG] Re:
Nearside Pedestrian Signals
                      tcug-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

                      08/09/06 10:33

                      Please respond to tcug

We have endless complaints from the public on this subject. Most people
want the far side indicators back but would accept a combination of
both.

Peter

Peter Jones
Principal Traffic Systems Engineer

Phone: +44 (0) 151 934 4254
Fax:     +44 (0) 151 922 4514

Sefton MBC - UTC
7th Floor
Balliol House
Balliol Road
Bootle
L20 3NJ

>>> "Bedding Terry" <Terry.Bedding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 08/09/06
10:22:59 >>>
Very sticky situation,

We have just converted a farside segregated pedestrian and cycle
crossing=
 to a good old nearside Toucan crossing. The complaints we are
receiving =
are horrendous especially with regards to the nearside display units
(we =
have even used over height display units). Also the standard Toucan
layou=
t is not a winner. We have directed people to the DfT video on their
webs=
ite. Has anyone had other issues with this?? And are the DfT going to
adv=
ertise this on TV???

Regards

Terry Bedding
Assistant Engineer
Cambridgeshire County Council
privileg=
ed. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you receive this email
by=
 mistake please notify the sender and delete it immediately. Opinions
exp=
ressed are those of the individual and do not necessarily represent the
o=
pinion of Cambridgeshire County Council. All sent and received email
from=
 Cambridgeshire County Council is automatically scanned for the
presence =
of computer viruses and security issues.

This message is intended for named addressees only and may contain
confidential,
privileged or commercially sensitive information.  If you are not a named
addressee and
this message has come to you in error you must not copy, distribute or take
any action
on its content.  Please return the message to the sender by replying to it
immediately
and then delete it from your computer and destroy any copies of it.

This message does not create or vary any contractual relationship between
Sefton
Metropolitan Borough Council and you.

Internet e-mail is not a 100% secure communication medium and Sefton
Metropolitan
Borough Council does not accept responsibility for changes made to this
message
after it was sent.

Whilst all reasonable care has been taken to ensure that this message is
virus-free, it is
the recipient's responsibility to carry out virus checks as appropriate and
ensure that
the onward transmission, opening or use of this message and any attachments
will not
adversely affect their systems or data. Sefton Metropolitan Borough Council
does not
accept any responsibility in this regard.

This email and any attachments with it are intended for the addressee only.
It may be confidential and may be the subject of legal and/or professional
privilege.
If you have received this email in error please notify the sender or
postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The content may be personal or contain personal opinions and cannot be taken as
an expression of the County Council's position.
Surrey County Council reserves the right to monitor all incoming and outgoing
mail.
Whilst every care has been taken to check this outgoing e-mail for viruses, it
is your responsibility to carry out any checks upon receipt.

Visit the Surrey County Council website - http://www.surreycc.gov.uk