[TCUG] Re: High Signal Heads

  • From: "Peter Jones" <peter.jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 11:44:34 +0100

Hi Norma,

Regarding high signal heads, we have a number of these, all supplied
and installed by Siemens. To my knowledge, we have never had a problem
with them - apart from RTA's. They are obviously susceptible to the
common problem of installers not always placing the locking split pins
in the runners but as we always make a point of checking this, that is
not a problem in Sefton.

I note also that we have had less problems with the new Siemens Helios
heads turning in the wind.

Regards

Peter

Peter Jones
Project Leader - Traffic Control Systems
Phone: +44 (0) 151 934 4254
Fax:     +44 (0) 151 922 4514
Mobile: 07788 100 584
Peter.Jones (AT) technical.sefton.gov.uk
Sefton MBC - UTC
7th Floor
Balliol House
Balliol Road
Bootle
L20 3NJ

Please see our web pages on traffic control in Sefton:

http://www.sefton.gov.uk/content-2781