[TCUG] Re: High Signal Heads

  • From: "Probert, Norman" <Norman.Probert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 11:55:13 +0100

Petra

Thanks for the feedback

Norman Probert
Traffic Signals Operations Team Leader
AmeyMouchel - HA Area 9
Warndon Motorway Compound
Pershore Lane, Warndon
Worcester       WR4 0AA
Direct line    01905 683220
Mobile    0774 871 2946
Fax       01905 683201
e-mail  norman.probert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 -----Original Message-----
From:   tcug-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tcug-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]  On
Behalf Of Peter Jones
Sent:   22 October 2004 11:45 am
To:     tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:        [TCUG] Re: High Signal Heads

Hi Norma,

Regarding high signal heads, we have a number of these, all supplied
and installed by Siemens. To my knowledge, we have never had a problem
with them - apart from RTA's. They are obviously susceptible to the
common problem of installers not always placing the locking split pins
in the runners but as we always make a point of checking this, that is
not a problem in Sefton.

I note also that we have had less problems with the new Siemens Helios
heads turning in the wind.

Regards

Peter

Peter Jones
Project Leader - Traffic Control Systems
Phone: +44 (0) 151 934 4254
Fax:     +44 (0) 151 922 4514
Mobile: 07788 100 584
Peter.Jones (AT) technical.sefton.gov.uk
Sefton MBC - UTC
7th Floor
Balliol House
Balliol Road
Bootle
L20 3NJ

Please see our web pages on traffic control in Sefton:

http://www.sefton.gov.uk/content-2781

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information in this e-mail is confidential and
intended to be solely for the use of the addressee(s) and may contain copyright
and/or legally privileged information. If you are not the addressee (or
responsible for delivery of the message to the
addressee) please e-mail us at postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and delete the
message from your computer: copying, distribution, use or
disclosure of its contents is strictly prohibited.

As Internet communications are capable of data corruption no
responsibility is accepted for changes made to this message after it
was sent. For this reason it may be inappropriate to rely on advice
contained in any e-mail without obtaining written confirmation of it.
In addition, no liability or responsibility is accepted for viruses and it is
your responsibility to scan attachments (if any).

Please note that for business purposes, outgoing and incoming emails
may be monitored and recorded in accordance with our Email policy.
This includes scanning incoming emails to detect viruses.

AmeyMouchel is the trading name of the joint venture between Amey
Highways Ltd registered office The Sherard Building Edmund Halley Road Oxford
OX4 4DQ registered in UK 3612746 and Mouchel Parkman UK Ltd registered office
West Hall Parvis Road West Byfleet Surrey KT14 6EZ registered in UK 1686040