[TCUG] Re: Advanced stoplines for cyclists ASL's

  • From: Andrew Boyle <ARBoyle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 10:37:19 +0100

Rob,

If you delve into your old Traffic Advisory Leaflets, number 8/93 included a
statement;

"The length of cycle lane on the approach will vary according to the
particular cicumstances of individual sites but should generally be as long
as the longest queue of traffic when the signal is red."

Maybe this is the article you are trying to remember?

Regards
A R Boyle
Traffic Signals Unit
Somerset.