[tcb] Re: roof rack

  • From: kelly dosch <kellydosch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 18:06:20 -0800 (PST)

 The way I look at it, altering or modifying old original parts like that only
lowers the resale value. I doubt you intend to ever sell it, so the mods will
only increase it's value as far as you are concerned.
  Just my 2 cents.

Date: Tuesday, March
                      1, 2011, 12:01 AM

                      I had seen that, but the way I
                      read it is that it should fit a bay if it is made for a
                      bay or a split.

                      The rack that I have is on one
                      side in the drip rail and the other side is out about an
                      inch. It also seems to hit the roof. It is a 1/2
                      rack, has 3 legs on each side.

                      I am wondering if maybe it had
                      heavy stuff on it and it stretched.

                      It is in amazing condition. The
                      clamps still has the rubber coating, the metal is still
                      bright, it has the plugs at the ends of the open pipes,
It
                      has the blue decal with the part number.

                      So it was not used much. It came
                      out of the rafters in a barn in Waco.

                      Alma Jo