[tcb] Re: roof rack

  • From: kelly dosch <kellydosch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 07:24:17 -0800 (PST)

  Try this if you can- tie a rope or clothesline from one leg to the other
across the bus, so that you have 3 ropes, each going across from one leg of the
rack to the other.
  Then, using some sort of rods or dowels, slowly twist each rope like a
tourniquet, pulling the legs closer together little by little, until it bows up
in the middle and fits in the drip rails.
  Try to go evenly, just a few turns on each rope, and watch/listen closely for
any signs heavy stress.