[tcb] Re: roof rack

  • From: "Alma Jo Barrera" <patchmongrel1@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 17:30:58 -0600

They are both original racks. The one I just got sits to low. Even now after I
drew the legs in a bit. It almost hit the roof of the bus, so I need it up
about an inch to come up to the same height as the other one.

Alma Jo
  From: "Alma Jo Barrera" <patchmongrel1@xxxxxxxxxx>
  Sender: tcb-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 13:41:54 -0600
  To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  ReplyTo: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

  It worked...I guess.... It does not sit at the same height as the other one.
Guess I need to get the saw zaw out and do some modifying to it.

  I want it to sit at the same height as the front rack. I am going to be
attaching a awning to them.

  I just hate to cut an original rack. Does anyone one have one that is not in
the greatest shape. Broken legs are OK.

  Alma Jo

              From: Alma Jo Barrera <patchmongrel1@xxxxxxxxxx>
              To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
              Date: Tuesday, March 1, 2011, 10:38 AM

              Just got some ratchet straps on it to do that.....Great minds
think alike.
                        From: Alma Jo Barrera <patchmongrel1@xxxxxxxxxx>
                        To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                        Date: Tuesday, March 1, 2011, 12:01 AM

                        I had seen that, but the way I read it is that it
should fit a bay if it is made for a bay or a split.

                        The rack that I have is on one side in the drip rail
and the other side is out about an inch. It also seems to hit the roof. It is a
1/2 rack, has 3 legs on each side.

                        I am wondering if maybe it had heavy stuff on it and it
stretched.

                        It is in amazing condition. The clamps still has the
rubber coating, the metal is still bright, it has the plugs at the ends of the
open pipes, It has the blue decal with the part number.

                        So it was not used much. It came out of the rafters in
a barn in Waco.

                        Alma Jo