[tcb] Re: Type 2 - 1967 & Earlier - Stock or Type 2 - 1967 & Earlier -Custom

  • From: "David Schwarze" <dschwarze@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 09:01:02 -0500

If you are going 75 with the reduction boxes, you are spinning the heck out of
your motor.  Going with increased bore and single-port intake/heads is going to
make it peter out earlier because you are would be trying to push more A/F
mixture through a smaller tube.  That only works with turbos.  :-)
Unfortunately I dont' see a good solution for what you want.

-David