[tcb] Re: So I drove the 23 Window around the hood an hour ago...

  • From: James Dwan <james_dwan_2000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 18:52:12 -0700 (PDT)

Yep, spent 11 hours with a buddy and I feel like we spent 3 days. Brakes, RGB,
drained refilled tranny was dry, all the gear oil had leaked out. We ran a new
wire for the horn, shift rod issues, drag link slop, center pin bushing
problems, steering box adjustment, tie rod ends... I'm sure I forgot something
but tomorrow I'll finish up the wiring and lube the throttle cable.
It's the original and maybe bent. It doesn't allow the pedal to return on it's
own.
I also noticed that I need to let off the pedal sooner before shifting. Also a
weird sound when pushing in the clutch cable. I'm not sure if it's the throw
out or the length of the cable causing this yet.