[talks-uk] Re: Wayfinder?

  • From: <plsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 09:44:36 -0000

I can never trust any bus driver to let me know where a particular bus stop
might be. Only last week I happened to ask if the driver could tell me if we
are approaching saint Mary's high school. I'm sorry, he said, I don't live
around here. So no, I think by and large they are a useless bunch with their
heads in Noddyland half the time. Not only do many bus drivers not care to
let you know when to get off, they often fly past a blind guy with a guide
dog because he didn't wave the bus down. I'll be happy when we have a system
like they have in Tennerife wherein you can hit a button on the buss stop to
alert the bus to stop, and the likes of wayfinder for when I want to get
off.

Peter

Peter