[survived-dfw] Re: :>

  • From: "Rohi Shetty" <rohishetty@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <survived-dfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 18:10:21 +0530

Very true, Emil and Sven,

It takes courage to take action.

And one of my favorite quotes – “Clarity comes from engagement, not thinking.”

So don’t discount the benefits of hard-won experience.

much metta,

Rohi

Experience teaches us the most we know. You've got a lot of experiences on the
internet, and that's more than taking a lot of classes in my opinion

Cheers,

Emil

Pe 12.12.2014 09:23, Sven v. S. a scris:

It´s an honor that you call me a marketing veteran, but that´s far away from
truth, Emil :)

True, I make a good living from it since a couple of years with a bunch of
micro niche sites (people say that doesn´t work anymore - well, it does quite
well), but it was never about marketing. I tried many things in younger years.
Email spam, black hat techniques and I paid people from Russia to code specific
scripts to take over Google and different online platforms to drive traffic to
my sites.

But to do that you need Servers in Timbuktu or Russia and you have to put your
moral into the fridge...

Important to say is that we did never hurt anybody. Even the dialers we used in
the beginning did not auto-install themselves. People saw the price and had to
make a click to make it work. It was just about driving targeted traffic to the
sites by picking them up where they usually hang out.

And it worked. I still get signups and $$$ from that time, even though I
stopped that about 4-5 years ago and got quite serious.

So, I changed when my best friend and I started an online shop. Which is now
one of the most famous and biggest in Germany in its niche. And we got there by
having fun, being serious, making a great job, and providing extraordinary
service to costumers.

I still have a couple of micro niche sites. But 1,5 years ago I changed the
complete system and started to write for the audience instead of writing for
Google. I don´t care anymore about SEO.

Then I started with Authority. From Authority to Jon Morrow and from there to
James... and you all now where I am today.
Together with you guys :)

Live´s interesting, isn´t it?

--

Gran Canaria Travel Guide
 <http://adventuregrancanaria.com/> adventuregrancanaria.com

 <https://ello.co/svoogle> „Ello.co“ <https://plus.google.com/+SvenDings>
Google Plus <https://twitter.com/SvenDings> Twitter
<http://instagram.com/svoogle> Instagram
<https://www.facebook.com/adventuregrancanaria> Facebook
<http://www.pinterest.com/svoogle/> Pinterest

 <mailto:emilmoldovan@xxxxxxxxx> Emil Moldovan

11. Dezember 2014 07:40

Sven,

Thank you for this note. I will come back to you with some more questions soon.
You're a veteran of online marketing compared to me, so I'm going to learn as
much as I can from you.

Thanks again.

Emil

Pe 11.12.2014 00:23, Sven v. S. a scris:

  _____

Acest email a fost scanat contra virușilor de către programul antivirus Avast.

 <mailto:svoogle@xxxxxxxxx> Sven v. S.

10. Dezember 2014 22:23

Emil,

just a short note because you asked yesterday about Rainmaker. After two days
playing around I can definitely tell you that it´s nothing for me.
My blog will tell stories by using photos and I can´t show them the way I want
by using specific plugins. And there are some tools included I´ll never ever
use. The forums for example.

l´ll take a llok over websynthesis tomorrow. I think fits more my requirements.
I already have two managed servers, but I will kill one. The 5 best sites I´ll
put on websynthesis...That´s the theory for now :)

 <mailto:rohishetty@xxxxxxxxx> Rohi Shetty

10. Dezember 2014 09:51

Sven,

What is your recommendation for email list provider?

I have the free version of Mailchimp at present, but that does not include
autoresponder series.

Also what do you think about Leadpages?

much metta,

Rohi