[studiorecorder] Re: record-insert, clipping, and looping questions

  • From: Curtis Delzer <curtis@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2011 19:30:34 -0500

whenever you get a clip, there is a portion of the sound which is not recorded, highs, or lows, or some sound which is louder than any other time at that time. I would say that if a few samples are clipped you won't hear it, no matter how good the hearing is, <grin> but it is a good idea to try and avoid clipping because distortion of whatever type, clipping or overload, can happen if you over drive your sound card. Some sound cards overload before the "clipping" level happens at the factory setting of 0 DB, so therefore there is an adjustment available for that condition.

Curtis Delzer

on Friday 4/22/2011 10:11 PM, acarthon@xxxxxxxx said:
Okay Curtis, so my next question about clipping is what kind of effect
does this have on your track, if any? :)
Does it mess with the sound quality of the file like distortion or
something?
Like I said earlier, it doesn't seem to unless it's one of those sounds
that only an animal or person with really keen/trained hearing can
identify. :)
Thanks in advance!
Alvin
Groupon.com Official Site
1 huge daily deal on the best stuff to do in your city. Try it today!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4db2457985a465cf9dst06duc

--
Currently in Fessenden, North Dakota Mostly Clear, 50°F Wind:WSW-250° at 7mph
The trouble with doing something right the first time, is nobody appreciates how difficult it was.

Curtis Delzer
W B 6 H E F