[studiorecorder] record-insert, clipping, and looping questions

  • From: acarthon@xxxxxxxx
  • To: studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 14:53:50 -0500

Hi Rob and list!

Happy Easter/Resurrection week to you all!
I have finally purchased Studio Recorder, and I already have a few
questions. Lol
I have read quite a bit of the manual as well, but I still am not sure of
a few things.

1. when I mix a track, It says something about a certain number of
samples being clipped. What does this mean? I play back the newly created
track, but there doesn't seem to be anything wrong. Am I missing
something? If I am, it wouldn't be the first time, and I'm sure not the
last. :)

2. On the subject of looping, I have a particular section of a song I
want to play continuously. Do I have to select it manually and copy and
paste it as many times as I desire, or is there another way of doing
this? If so, let me know please. I have been doing the above method. Lol

3. I have read about the record-insert function. Am I right in assuming
that I can have an audio track playing in the background and use this
function to add vocals to it without losing anything? Or does it delete
the section of the audio where you insert the vocals? Is this another
alternative other than the dip/rise function or something totally
different?

Thanks for any guidance and clarification you can provide me in this
matter.
Everyone have a relaxing, fun, awesome, and blessed weekend!
Alvin
Groupon.com Official Site
1 huge daily deal on the best stuff to do in your city. Try it today!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4db1dd30e60794d31cst02duc