[sleafordbka] Re: Domain Name

  • From: Chris Norton <nortchris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sleafordbka@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 14:13:30 +0100

It's a no brainer at £6.00. Yes from me. If not carried forward by the
membership then please consider upping my own subscription when the time
comes to pay for it.

In answear to the items said about the website. I have sent emails to Celia
and Robert (who runs lincolnshires website) to ask if we can have a link. As
you can see, nothing so far, but as we all do these things voluntarily then
I don't like to bug people. Maybe come better from Secretary or Press
officer.

Rebuilding the website at a cost to the district is simply not viable. I
would rather spend association money on some more equipment such as a wax
melter. To give an idea of the costs involved, www.bostonsausage.co.uk costs
us £100 per month on a maintenance contract. That covers 2 hours work per
month. This does NOT bear resemblence to the original write of the website
which cost thousands.

If anyone would like a forum putting on our website then I can do that, the
ability to add that is built in to where I chose to host the site (as well
as the fact its free). But before we try and re-invent the wheel, the BBKA
already have a forum and the excellent www.beekeepingforum.co.uk already
have forums done and dusted. The freelists.org's original intention got
canned the moment a single member decided to opt out. Now, it is our mail
forum.

I can add just about anything the members want to onto the site but as yet
only 3 members have given any content for the site.

Is the site not liked? Prefer a different layout? Got that killer BBQ sauce
recipe that you think you must share with the world? PLEASE send it to me so
I can put it on. It's not my personal site, I have that already.

One thing I would like to do. I know there are numerous blogs out there but
I would like to do a "year in the life of a beekeeper" from 1st January to
December. But do it a more polished way. Any takers for that?

Chris