[SI-LIST] Re: Plane breaks - Presentation download

  • From: steve weir <weirsp@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ron@xxxxxxxxxxx, "Grasso, Charles" <Charles.Grasso@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 07:50:48 -0800

Ron, I have to disagree a bit there too.  A single differential pair will
definitely fare an order of magnitude better crossing a slot, but any
common mode energy from the net pair still excites the slot for EMC
purposes and coupling shift from the 10% range up to the 30% range still
presents an impedance discontinuity.  Here, shrinking the gap to be a small
fraction of Tr would seem to cause the least impairment.
Regards,

Steve

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at: