[SI-LIST] Plane breaks - Presentation download

  • From: "Grasso, Charles" <Charles.Grasso@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'weirsp@xxxxxxxxxx'" <weirsp@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'ron@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <ron@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Chris.Cheng@xxxxxxxxxxxx'" <Chris.Cheng@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 07:26:50 -0700

Steve/Ron - Just to calibrate myself ... Now you DO
mean a trace crossing a split orthogonally right?
If so I fail to see how changing the width of the
split makes things better except maybe in one condition.
i.e. where a diff pair cross a split. The return current
for one trace will be carried by its pair and the split will
be almost invisible.

The effect of crossing a split on a diff pair
can be seen in a presentation by Ansoft Corp
available for download from the RMCEMC website.
Go to http://www.ieee.org/rmcemc the link is
on the front page. You'll need to go in about 12
pages or so...

Best Regards
Charles Grasso
Senior Compliance Engineer