[SI-LIST] Inter Symbol Interference

  • From: Alexander Rose <arose@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 08:21:39 -0700

I'm seeing a very interesting phenomenon in a spice simulation where a
250MHz LVCOMOS (1.8V) clock using a 35ohm driver, is FASTER by nearly .5 ns
in the worst (slow) case.  This is wrecking havoc in my timing budget since
the clock doesn't track address and data in the same way between worst case
and best case creating an impossible window. We believe the problem is
inter symbol interference (ISI) and we only see this problem occur once the
clock reaches a steady state (several cycles into the simulation).  Can
someone explain what causes this occur, and the best way to combat it?

Thanks,
Alex

List archives are viewable at: