[SI-LIST] Ground plane split widths...

  • From: "Johnston, Ross" <RJ182000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 15:58:05 +0100

My design is basically a pc motherboard. I have isolated the I/O ground from
the logic ground. Currently the ground plane split is 15 thou - I am
contemplating increasing this width. Should the split be kept as small as
possible? If so - why? If the ground split was too small, wouldn't noise be
coupled across from each plane? What is the general consensus on this?

Ross Johnston
Electronics Design Engineer,
Core Electronics Group,
Lifecycle GST,