[SI-LIST] Re: Dielectric constant for FR4 at above 1Ghz frequency

  • From: "Chris McGrath" <chris.mcgrath@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 11:30:36 -0800

This response addresses a couple of mini-threads that started with the
original posting:
1. Frequencies greater than 1 GHz are perfectly fine to run on FR4(-6)
material and we have done a number of 2GHz designs with FR4.  As in many
areas of design, the criteria for use depends on your application. =20

2. When trying to determine the Er (vs. frequency) of the material for
use in simulation, the best method is to ask your fab house unless you
are dealing with a specific manufacturer like Nelco.  Either way, the
fab house will have this information as it relates to the manufacturers
they regularly use.

-Chris=20

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.org