[SI-LIST] Convergence problem after inserting detailed connector model

  • From: "Nekrylova, Julia" <julia.nekrylova@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 17:06:07 -0800

Hello,

I've added a detailed connector model to my Hspice deck and started
getting

"internal timestep too small" error messages. Before that the connector
was represented just by

RLGC matrix model. Tried different fixes: reduced transition times, set
initial conditions,

tried gear method, put shunt conductances and capacitances. Some times
in the past Accurate=1 and

Converge=4 worked for me, but this time nothing seems to help.

What else I could try? I am pretty sure there are lots of people on the
list who had similar problems

with their spice decks after adding sophisticated interconnect models.

What could be the most popular solution in this case besides talking to
the connector company application engineer?

Thanks a lot,

Julia

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.org