[SI-LIST] Re: Convergence problem after inserting detailed connectormodel

  • From: Ron Miller <ron@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: julia.nekrylova@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 17:38:29 -0800

Hi Julia

Even with the H-element and other fixes, spice based simulation breaks
down when using long transmission lines with short time steps.  It goes into
oscillation which increases logrithmically in the time domain.

Only frequency domain simulation with convolution back to the time domain
can simulate long lines with short time steps.

Ron Miller

Nekrylova, Julia wrote:

>Hello,
>

>I've added a detailed connector model to my Hspice deck and started
>getting
>
>"internal timestep too small" error messages. Before that the connector
>was represented just by
>
>RLGC matrix model. Tried different fixes: reduced transition times, set
>initial conditions,
>
>tried gear method, put shunt conductances and capacitances. Some times
>in the past Accurate=1 and
>
>Converge=4 worked for me, but this time nothing seems to help.
>

>What else I could try? I am pretty sure there are lots of people on the
>list who had similar problems
>
>with their spice decks after adding sophisticated interconnect models.
>
>What could be the most popular solution in this case besides talking to
>the connector company application engineer?
>

>Thanks a lot,
>
>Julia

>//www.freelists.org/webpage/si-list
>
>For help:
>
>List technical documents are available at:
>                http://www.si-list.org
>
>List archives are viewable at:
>               //www.freelists.org/archives/si-list
>or at our remote archives:

Ronald B. Miller, Microwave/SI Engineer  RAIL = NOISE + REFLECTIONS
Gigahertz Data Div of MI Corp.              \\  //         \\  //
7180 Thornton Avenue                         \\//           \\//
Newark,  CA  94560                      ->JITTER<-   EYE   ->JITTER<-
tel 510-793-4744,                            //\\           //\\
fax 510-742-6686                            //  \\         //  \\
www.ghzdata.com                          RAIL = NOISE + REFLECTIONS

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.org

List archives are viewable at: