[SI-LIST] Re: Cin in IBIS models

  • From: Chris Brewster <chris@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: whizplayer@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 11:19:27 -0800

Bob,

The pin capacitance can be included in an IBIS model in several ways.

A) The value can be entered under the C_pkg keyword.  However, this is a
very general case as the same values are used for all pins of the
component.  B) The value can also be entered in the 6th column under the
[Pin] keyword, which overrides the C_pkg entry and is used to describe
individual pins.  C)  Use the [Package Model] keyword to construct more
complex package descriptions.

For more information, see the following:

I/O Buffer Information Specification (IBIS) Version 3.2

http://www.eigroup.org/ibis/ibis.htm

regards,

Chris Brewster
Signal Integrity Engineer.
Siqual Inc.
18735 SW Boones Ferry Road
Tualatin, OR 97062
(503) 885-1231
(503) 885-1231 fax
www.siqual.com

At 10:26 AM 12/17/2001 -0800, Bob Patel wrote:

>Hi! Is the input capacitance for a pin included in the
>IBIS models, I know the pad capacitance is by using
>C_comp. Also, when using output buffers do I have to
>model the output capacitance as an external capacitor
>and the input capacitance as an external capacitor.
>Thanks in advance
>Bob

>//www.freelists.org/webpage/si-list
>
>For help: