[SI-LIST] Re: Cin in IBIS models

  • From: "Perry Qu" <perry.qu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arpad.muranyi@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 14:28:47 -0500

Hi!

Related to this question, is it good enough to represent the on-chip
parasitics with just a C_comp ? How about R and L ?

I had a case with one vendor about their receiver model: for some of the
pins, the on-chip parasitics are even bigger compared with packaging RLCs.
I was told that these on-chip parastics represent routing parasitics from
C4 pads to the actual receiver; Wondering how IBIS model take these into
account ?

Thanks

Perry

"Muranyi, Arpad" wrote:

> Bob,
>
> The C_comp capacitance must represent what you see when you look into
> the die at the die pad.  This includes the die pad, metal connections
> on the die, the driver transistor's capacitance, the receiver (input)
> capacitance, everything that is on the die.  Package, pin, ball, and
> other stuff is modeled in the package model section of the IBIS model.
>
> Arpad Muranyi
> Intel Corporation

Perry Qu

Product Integrity         |      600 March Road
Alcatel Canada            |      Ottawa, ON K2K 2E6, Canada

DID: (613) 7846720        |      FAX: (613) 5993642

List archives are viewable at: