[SI-LIST] Re: Buried Capacitance thread comments (The whole t hing)

  • From: Chris Cheng <chris.cheng@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'larry smith'" <ldsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Chris Cheng <chris.cheng@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 12:10:51 -0800

Larry,
We all serve our masters, old and new. As such there are
things we do many times should not be discussed.
I think you are mixed up with the following,
a) Does a GHz process generate GHz core noise ? Yes.
Does all 100W of its power are running at a GHz ?
Absolutely not. As to what the frequency components
of the 100W power budget ? Those are proprietory
things that neither of us should discuss. Rest
assure they are well addressed and understood though.
b) The unfortunate fact for me having to serve
some masters that wants to ship an M1 tank with a budget
of a Honda means there are proprietory ways to meet
those reqirement at the package level with a cost
effective way. Rest assure they have been analyzed
and the most cost effective way has been designed in.
Knowingat both companies I've worked for I know I
have at least acieved a 2X improvement on the package
performance with a lower cost.
c) As to the <2mil replacing bulk caps, I am refering
to this observation. I don't think those are 1000pf caps :