[SI-LIST] Re: 0.8mm BGA routing

  • From: "Istvan NOVAK" <istvan.novak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vincenzo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 10:31:08 -0500

Vincenzo,

In addition to what you listed in your mail, you will also need
to consider the clearance hole (antipad) around the pad, which
may be at least 8 to 10 mils bigger than the pad.  Adjacet
signal vias would completely perforate the plane.

I agree with Lee's comment he made earlier on this thread:
0.8-mm BGA is tough on conventional PCBs with through
holes.  You may need a build-up process or sequential
lamination to get your routing properly.

Regards,

Istvan Novak
SUN Microsystems