[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: was (no subject) - AKC judging fees

  • From: Kay Reamensnyder Betty Doerpinghaus <bedkar@xxxxx>
  • To: <pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx>, Lee Brown <lebrowngsd@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 16:08:50 +0000

There is a big difference.  You mentioned judges fees AND expenses in the same

sentence.

Almost all of the "fairgrounds" in WA and OR have now become Expo Centers.

We used to show in cattle barns, livestock pavilions, etc.  Now we have brand

new Expo Centers with airconditioning....and all the expense that goes with it.

We have run out of "cheap places" for shows....and our weather is not quite

as good as California.

The Rose City Cluster, in January, is almost a week long...4 AB shows and 2
days of

Stand Alone Specialties.  Add in the Performance venue, and we use all 5 Halls
of

the Portland Expo Center.  There are more than 20 conformation rings and I
don't know

how many performance rings...plus two halls for grooming.  Our judges Group gets

one conference hall for 3 days of seminars and AKC gets a conference room for
their

Introduction to Judging seminar.  All food is catered by the Expo
Center...their rules.

So, when you mention that someone's club has spent $25,000, you need to be more

detailed about what it was spent for.   How many judges?  What kind of
accommodations?

Transportation?  Food?  It does not all go into the judges pockets.

 -Kay Reamensnyder and Betty Doerpinghaus
 -Home of Bedkar German Shepherds
 -bedkar@xxxxx
 -Visit our Website:  www.bedkargsd.com