[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: was (no subject) - AKC judging fees

  • From: Joan Fox <campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: carolynmckenna@xxxxxxxxx, bedkar@xxxxx, lebrowngsd@xxxxxxx, Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 17:19:49 -0700 (PDT)

 Count Jimmy out as he is getting a judges license.
Joan F. Fox
website: http://www.campaignersgsds.com
17500 Haskins Rd.
Chagrin Falls, Ohio 44023
Home & Fax: 440-543-9165
Cell: 440-759-4119

________________________________
From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx <Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx>
To: bedkar@xxxxx, lebrowngsd@xxxxxxx
Cc: windwalkergsds@xxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx
Date: Friday, May 14, 2010, 4:46 PM

I never said it all went into their pockets Kay.  But even if 1/2 goes
into their pocket, (fee for judging, fee per dog in the case of performance
dogs),  and 1/2 is for expenses (uhhhhhhhhhhhhh....I can eat for less  than
$35 per day lol and I can get to where I am going for less than the mileage
expenses I've paid, and I can print course maps for less than the expenses
I've  signed off of for performance judges), that's still a tidy little part
time job  for some of the popular all 'rounders.

AND Lord knows I'm not begrudging ANYONE for making a buck...but by the
same token if there are a few hundred dollars of fees I'm not losing any
sleep.

Obviously we have specialty judges who either don't charge or charge a very
minimal amount.  That's lovely and welcome!  That's NOT the norm for  AB
clusters though.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC

In a message dated 5/14/2010 12:09:46 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
bedkar@xxxxx writes:

So,  when you mention that someone's club has spent $25,000, you need to be
more
detailed about what it was spent for.   How many  judges?  What kind of
accommodations?
Transportation?   Food?  It does not all go into the judges  pockets.

is Copyrighted 2010.  All material remains the property of the original author
Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.